Guide to Choose the Nice Faucets for Your Kitchen and Bathroom in 2023
If you are looking for a way to upgrade your kitchen and bathroom, one of the easiest and most effective ways is to replace your old faucets with new ones. Faucets are not only functional, but also decorative, and they can make a big difference in the look and feel of your space. But how do you choose the best faucets for your kitchen and bathroom? Here are some tips to help you out.
Consider the Style and Finish
Faucets come in a variety of styles and finishes, so you can find one that matches your personal taste and complements your existing décor. For example, if you have a modern kitchen or bathroom, you might want to opt for a sleek and minimalist faucet with a chrome or stainless steel finish. If you have a traditional or rustic kitchen or bathroom, you might prefer a faucet with a curved or ornate design and a bronze or copper finish.
Some of the most popular styles and finishes of faucets include:
Kitchen sink faucets: These are the faucets that you use to wash dishes, fill pots, and rinse vegetables. They usually have a single handle or two handles that control the water temperature and flow. Some kitchen sink faucets also have a pull-down or pull-out spray head that allows you to switch between different spray modes and reach hard-to-clean areas. Some of the most common finishes for kitchen sink faucets are chrome, stainless steel, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, and matte black.
Bathroom sink faucets:
These are the faucets that you use to wash your hands, brush your teeth, and shave. They can have a single handle, two handles, or a touchless sensor that activates the water flow. Some bathroom sink faucets also have a waterfall spout that creates a soothing effect. Some of the most common finishes for bathroom sink faucets are chrome, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, matte black, and gold.
Bathroom shower faucets:
These are the faucets that you use to take a shower. They usually consist of a shower head, a shower arm, a valve trim, and a tub spout (if you have a bathtub). Some bathroom shower faucets also have a handheld shower head that allows you to direct the water where you need it. Some of the most common finishes for bathroom shower faucets are chrome, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, matte black, and gold.
Bathroom tub faucets:
These are the faucets that you use to fill your bathtub. They can be mounted on the wall, on the deck of the tub, or on the floor. Some bathroom tub faucets also have a handheld shower head that allows you to rinse off after soaking. Some of the most common finishes for bathroom tub faucets are chrome, brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, matte black, and gold.
Consider the Quality and Durability
Faucets are not something that you want to replace often, so you want to make sure that they are made of high-quality materials and have durable construction. Faucets that are made of brass or stainless steel are more resistant to corrosion and rust than those made of plastic or zinc alloy. Faucets that have ceramic disc valves are more reliable and leak-proof than those that have rubber washers or compression valves.
One of the best brands that offer high-quality and durable faucets for your kitchen and bathroom is TopCraft Faucets. TopCraft Faucets is a leading manufacturer of bathroom and kitchen faucets and fixtures. They are renowned for their innovative designs, high-quality materials, and superior craftsmanship. Their freestanding tub faucets, tub shower faucets, and freestanding bathtubs have become increasingly popular in recent years.
TopCraft Faucets offers a wide selection of bathroom faucets and kitchen faucets that can upgrade your kitchen and bathroom and enhance their aesthetic feeling. Their sleek, modern designs are sure to give your space a much-needed facelift. With a variety of styles and finishes to choose from, you can find the perfect faucet to match your space’s décor.
Consider the Installation and Maintenance
Another factor that you should consider when choosing faucets for your kitchen and bathroom is how easy they are to install and maintain. You want to avoid faucets that require complicated plumbing work or special tools to install. You also want to avoid faucets that are prone to clogging, dripping, or staining. You also want to choose faucets that are easy to clean and maintain, and that have a warranty that covers any defects or damages.
Some of the tips for installing and maintaining faucets include:
- Before installing a new faucet, make sure you have the right tools and materials. You may need a wrench, a screwdriver, a basin wrench, a plumber’s tape, a silicone sealant, and a rag. You may also need to measure the size and spacing of your sinkholes and faucet connections to ensure compatibility.
- Turn off the water supply before installing or removing a faucet. The shut-off valves are usually located below the sink or near the water heater. You can also turn off the main water supply to your house if you can’t find the valves. After turning off the water, open the faucet to release any pressure and drain any remaining water.
- Disconnect the water supply lines from the old faucet and remove the mounting nuts that secure it to the sink. You may need to use a basin wrench or a special faucet tool to reach the nuts. Be careful not to damage the sink or the countertop while removing the old faucet.
- Clean the area around the sink holes and apply some silicone sealant around them1. This will prevent any leaks and help secure the new faucet in place. Insert the new faucet through the sinkholes and align it properly. Use a level or a straight edge to make sure it is straight.
- Attach the water supply lines to the new faucet and tighten them with a wrench. Wrap some plumber’s tape around the threads of the faucet connections before attaching them to prevent any leaks. Make sure you connect the hot water line to the hot water valve and the cold water line to the cold water valve.
- Secure the new faucet to the sink with the mounting nuts and washers that came with it. Tighten them with a wrench or a screwdriver until they are snug. Do not overtighten them as this may damage the faucet or the sink.
- Turn on the water supply and check for any leaks. If you find any leaks, turn off the water and tighten or adjust the connections until they are sealed. If you still have leaks, you may need to replace some washers or gaskets.
- To maintain your faucets, clean them regularly with a mild soap and water or a vinegar solution. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads as they may scratch or damage the finish. Wipe them dry with a soft cloth after each use to prevent water spots or mineral deposits. If you have hard water, you may need to use a commercial cleaner or a vinegar solution to remove any buildup.
- To repair your faucets, check for any loose or worn parts and replace them as needed. You may need to replace some washers, cartridges, aerators, or valves if you have problems with leaking, dripping, low water pressure, or temperature fluctuations. You can find replacement parts online or at your local hardware store. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for replacing any parts.
Faucets are an important part of your kitchen and bathroom, and they can enhance their functionality and appearance. By choosing faucets that suit your style and needs, and by installing and maintaining them properly, you can enjoy them for years to come.
If you are looking for high-quality and stylish faucets for your kitchen and bathroom, we recommend TopCraft Faucets. They offer a wide range of faucets that are durable, easy to install, and easy to maintain. They also have a warranty that covers any defects or damages. You can browse their website or visit their showroom to find your perfect faucet today.